I love chocolate. So when I found a chocolate that was low carb and sugar-free, I started covering everything in chocolate.
This step is optional, but adding a little coconut oil helps the chocolate melt faster, and adds some healthy fats. I find that it makes the chocolate nice and smooth and creamy.
Once it’s fully melted, you can mix in the pumpkin seeds and smooth them in an even layer on the baking sheet.
Next, the mixture needs to cool in the fridge. 30 minutes is all you need, but I have left it in the fridge for a few hours before and it was fine too. When it hardens, you get a really cool sheet of chocolate. It’s fun to break apart!
There you have it. A sweet, crunchy snack with lots of that rich chocolate flavor.
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (about 42g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted
- Stir in pepitas
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the baking sheet
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Break the chocolate into pieces and enjoy